Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Untitled

I always used to think it was weird when my mom used to tell me "People will use you until your all gone." When I was younger it really didn't make any sense to me...actually to this day it still only makes a little bit of sense to me. I say that becuase now as a 21 year old man I know people can only do what I alow them to do to me. So nobody can use me...unless I let them. But in the past year or two I really gained prespective on what she was speaking of, and quite honestly I just dont understand it.

I don't understand how people would genuinly take advantage of someone. I have trouble even disrespecting somebody who hasn't disrespected me at all. But nevertheless I'm starting to notice that people around me are starting to not see me solely as Gary any more...but Gary the Tattoo Artist. Now I normally would be estatic to have tattoo artist associated with my name....but when the title begins to over shadow the person it becomes a problem. People dont even speak to me like a regular person....its like becuase I provide a service thats all I am good for....not good enough for a "Hi, how are you doing." All I get is "Yo, Im tryin to get tatted" or "Ay can you get me this day blah blah blah blah." But see I expected that to happen...but from regular ass people...not from people who I consider my brothers/friends. Is it human anture to take advantage of things to benefit ones' self?

No comments: